Monday, May 4, 2009

mountain biking

Before you venture out this spring to cruise around on your mountain bike do the following:

1) get it tuned
2) listen to your gut if you think the brakes are not working properly.

I took a huge crash yesterday and cracked my helmut in two places! I rolled down a hill and straight into a tree with my head. Thankfully nothing more severe happened other then a super bad headache and a super stiff neck.

I walked to the nearest bike shop and they confirmed that my brakes were cooked..the fluid needed to be blead and the pads replaced.

I'm a huge moron!

ride safe!
Brooke

4 comments:

Bruce J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce J said...

Where were you riding? You will have to learn how to fix your own stuff.

Brooke Gosling said...

G8 in Canmore. It was my own fault! I think I need some lessons in falling!

Bruce J said...

No I think you have falling down pat, you need lessons in staying upright :) Anyway glad to hear it wasn't worse.

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!