Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Update













The last few days have been fast and furious with lots of racing action going on!

Holmenkollen is quite the venue! The crowds are SO loud! Never in my life have I have been at a venue that has the loudest fans, and I went to a lot of New Kids on the Block concerts when I was young, but nothing compares to this (probabley a bad comparison!).
The races have been so amazing to compete in. Each day you are carried around the course by spectators with horns, yelling "hei ya", and even your name! Its been quite the experience, the only thing I would change is my performance on the results sheet, but other then focusing on recovery, staying positive and fighting with everything I have on the day I can't do much else to change the results. I will say though, it has been really dissapointing as my results don't really seem to line up with how I have been feeling in the warmups. The wax team has been incredible! We have had great skiis everyday, however, I'm so happy to be focusing on skating for the next two races as my confidence has definetly begun to waiver!

It's also been extrememly inspiring to see the US women in the top 30 of the distance race, especially my teammate from CXC Jessie Diggins who is still a junior and has been performing so well in every race- she is a force to be reckoned with.
The Canadian men had us all on the edge of our seets in the Men's pursuit on Sunday! All I can say is that racing at this level and doing well at this level are completely different items - it takes a lot more then fitness to medal here or even to place in the top 15 - so for the Canadian men to place 3 in the top 15 at the World Championships is pretty incredible!

Today is the men's 15km classic individual start race. The course is so hard...and it takes me a lot to say that a course is tough, but Oslo has layed out a course that requires huge lugs, legs of steel and the ability to put yourself into a pain cave and hang out there for the duration of the race...its pretty awesome!

Here are some photos! I will try to take some more at the team sprint day!










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will Heie on you tomorrow at 30k. Good luck.
Your only true Norwegian fan Finnie

petter northug said...

Hi, and congratulation again with a great race on Saturday. Hope we see you all again in Falun 2015. Greeting from the two who forgot to get off the subway, along with your father and stepmother after 30km

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!